Preliminary plot/s sub genre conventions

  I have decided on a sub genre for the movie opening. I've decided to create a spy movie opening, I will introduce the main character in the movie opening. He will be the hero for the film as well. I hope that the movie opening will be able to also introduce what the spy's conflict is. I still need to figure out the setting for the movie opening. 

A spy movie typically consists of a main character who has to complete a mission or series of missions. Mission impossible is one of the most well known spy action film series. The series follows Ethan Hunt, he is a world class spy. The film is filled with action, high speed chases, and fast paced scenes and explosions. In my opening I want to have the spy hero sneak around and look stealthy. 

In my opening I want a mission briefing in which the main character is given their mission. Although I would like to do this,  I'm on the rocks about it. This is beacuse I don't want to give away the entire plot of the movie away. A mission briefing would make the audience interested in what the movie will be following. I could use the mission briefing as the opening of the opening, similar to a hook. 



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

First AICE Media Studies Project Post

Types of Action characters