Types of Action characters

  There is a variety of different characters within an action film. I'm only doing an opening so I wont include all types of characters within my opening. A character type stands for the type of person that the actor will portray. Specific character types are present in almost every movie made. There are three main types of characters. The first type is the hero, this character type has the job of fighting the villain. The second character type is the villain. The villain comes in different shapes or forms, and could even be a group of people. The third and final type that I will be exploring is the sidekick. The sidekick is usually side by side with the hero and helps the hero throughout the movie. 

The hero is focused on throughout the entire story. It is the character that is most developed throughout the movie, and typically gets the most screen time. Having a hero in my film will have the audience rooting for the hero. the hero should have a back story that is tragic and somewhat relatable. If my hero were to have super powers, it should still be somewhat believable to the audience. The hero should have a reason or many reasons for being a hero. This is so that the audience cheers for the hero, and hopes for the hero to prevail. 

The villain is essential if there is a hero. A villain is typically the antagonist and throughout the movie, tries to get their evil agenda across. In some action movies, the villain is pure evil and the audience automatically dislikes them. In other movies, the villains story is developed in a way that the viewers feel sympathetic towards him. In my movie opening i want to establish who the hero is and who the villain is without giving away too much information. 

The last character type is the sidekick. The sidekick needs to have reasons for the audience to like them. The sidekick does not need to be as interesting as the hero, but certainly be interesting enough to get the audience to root for them as well. I don't think I will have a sidekick in my movie because most super hero movies don't focus on the sidekick. I'm only making a movie opening so I feel that I will have even less time to introduce a side kick. I would rather spend time developing the hero and villain rather than wasting time on a side kick. 

All in all, the three types of main characters that could be present in my movie opening. I will definitely have a hero and a villain in my opening. Depending on how much time I have left, I will then decide whether or not to include a sidekick in the opening. 




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

First AICE Media Studies Project Post